Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mexican Inspired Morning

I am missing my trip to Mexico more and more these days. Maybe it’s the changes going on that my brain feels like I just need some time away… Whenever I have a funk like this going on, I try my best to incorporate little things into my day, just as little reminders of those times that I long for. This morning, it was part of my breakfast… 
For this quick fix, you will need…
A couple sliced mushrooms, eggs, some spinach, fresh avocado or quacamole, EVOO, salsa, hot sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream, onion, garlic and bread of your choice (or a tortilla)
First wash and chop onion, mushroom, avocado and garlic. Throw a bit of mushroom and onion in hot pan with a dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and saute till almost tender. Throw in a handful of spinach and some chopped garlic, to your liking. When almost cooked, break 2-3 eggs in pan making sure to break the yolks! I like to cover the pan and cook over medium heat until eggs are no longer runny. I then sprinkle with cheese and recover. Make a couple pieces of toast to eat as a sandwich or one to use for an open-faced sandwich. Finally, when eggs are cooked, cut to size of bread, top with sour cream, avocado, salsa, hot sauce, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment